top of page

Live Stream Online Family

Public·76 members
Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

Cakes In A Jar Recipes

Similar to these lunchbox cakes, the smaller the pan the thicker the cake layers. I wanted to have different flavors so I did half batch of 3 different kinds of cake and it make about 15 mason jar cakes.

cakes in a jar recipes

You can use whatever frosting recipe you like! For the funfetti birthday cakes in a jar, I used a half batch of my basic American Buttercream. It helps to put the frosting into a piping bag, but you can also spoon it into the mason jars.

Our beloved preacher at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church had a birthday a few weeks ago and I wanted to give him a special treat to thank him for all of his sweet sermons. It had to be something festive and delicious as well as portable. Enter Chocolate Frosted Yellow Cupcakes in a Jar. I know it's not a new idea, but I had never actually made them myself. I thought you might be interested in getting a little step-by-step tutorial on how to make Chocolate Frosted Yellow Cupcakes in a Jar. How does that sound? They really aren't hard to put together, especially if you use a cake mix for the cupcake part. The only thing that takes a little time is the homemade frosting, but that's the best part, so you can't skip that step!

Pour your frosting into a large pastry bag fitted with a 1M pastry tip (both available at your local craft store). The 1M pastry tip is my favorite for decorating cupcakes. It gives them that professional look.

Now it's time to assemble your cupcakes in a jar and it couldn't be easier. Take your cooled cupcakes and cut them in half horizontally. Using a half pint sized canning jar, place one cupcake half in the bottom.

Pipe a layer of frosting on top of the cupcake. Add sprinkles. Then repeat that process two more times. When you're done, you'll have three layers of cupcake and three layers of frosting. Add the jar lids when you're done with all of the cupcakes. Decorate with ribbon and a spoon, if desired.

You can make as many jars as you need. In this case, I only needed one. So I frosted the rest of the cupcakes and brought to my daughter's youth group that night. If you wanted to make all of them in jars, then you would have 16 jars total.

Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.

Looking for more fun individual desserts? My Blueberry Cheesecake in a Jar is to die for with the same delicate and rich texture of classic cheesecake. Or, be sure you check out my list of 20 desserts in a jar recipes for more cake in a jar ideas, pies, and puddings.

This recipe could certainly be used to make regular cupcakes (not in a jar) as well. Simply cut out a hole in the center of a baked and cooled cupcake, add a spoonful of Marshmallow Fluff, and top with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting.recipe from Glorious Treats

You may have seen the super cute and yummy jar cakes floating around Pinterest and thought "Yes! I shall make and send that!" They have layers of delicious icing and whipped cream spilling out of them. And they look amazing.

But those are not the kinds of cakes you want to send overseas in a jar. I'm betting the icing wouldn't be quite as delicious after several weeks in a box. For this care package treat we'll leaving the icing separate.

The first thing you need to do is make the cakes. Just grab your cake mix and make it according to the box instructions. We used a red velvet cake mix and a white cake mix. However, feel free to use chocolate and yellow cake if you like.

Red Velvet Cake is arguably one of the most well known cake flavors. But this old fashioned southern favorite has definitely evolved over the years. And now you can bake a variety of Velvet Cakes or Cupcakes, including Green, Pink, Blue and more.

There are several different options for serving cupcakes in jar. These jars are 1/2 pint mason jars. You will need 2 cupcakes for each jar and it took a full 8 oz container of Cool Whip to fill 5 jars. I love the way they look and are definitely perfect to add a lid and give as a gift, but perhaps a little too much if you are serving them after dinner.

This is such a wonderful idea for a gift. Layered chocolate sponge with salted caramel and buttercream. These cupcakes in a jar are the perfect idea for a wedding favour, or just a nice take away for any guest to a party. The undecorated cakes can be frozen. The undecorated cakes will keep in an airtight container for 2 days. The assembled cakes don't need to be kept in the fridge. Consume the assembled cakes within 3 days We made our sponge cakes but you don't have to. Any firm shop bought cake will do.

When you are ready to make the cupcake jars. Cut circles from your cooled cakes with the cutter and then divide into quarters. They will easily fit through the neck of the jar to be reassembled within.

Fill up your cute little jars. These are the same jars we use for our Pie in a Jar. The cupcakes will rise and you need room for both the frosting and the ganache, so fill them no more than 1/2 way full.

Some of your cakes may have a little well in the center which makes a great little holding spot for the ganache. You can also take a paring knife, or an apple corer works great, and hollow out the center like this:

Once your cakes have cooled to close to room temp (a little warm is okay) pour ganache over each one. If your ganache has gotten too thick to pour at this point, just warm it up in the microwave in about 10 second intervals.

Meanwhile, sterilize 9 wide-mouth pint jars and lids. Grease jars with shortening. Fill the jars halfway with batter and bake, without lids, on the middle oven rack for 45 minutes. As soon as the cake is done, remove the jars from the oven one at a time. Wipe the rims and secure on the lids. Set aside to cool. Note: Do not use small-mouth jars, or add any other ingredients. As the cakes cool in the sealed jars, they will pull away from the sides of the jar and come out easily when ready to serve. Serve with lemon sauce (see below). Has at least a year shelf life.

Secondly, Elizabeth Andress, project director of the National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP), reminds us that just because we may see recipes or blogs encouraging people to do this does not mean it is safe:

To be clear: As with all historical research presented by HealthyCanning, none of the recipes or recommendations in this section are to be followed. The information here is for academic background purposes only.

Marsha Parker asserted in 1994 that in the years since the war, the recipes had been altered by being passed from one person to another, which could make them unsafe, and thus she was running the two Penn State originals: Pumpkin Bread, and Applesauce Cake.

In any event, the idea was that the two recipes had the right finely-balanced combination of acidity and low water activity that would be safe baked in jars (aside from the safety factor of the glass jars themselves in the oven) and then sealed in them.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page